Saturday, March 27, 2010

Shoes

DA loves riding a particular bike out on the playground by our house. As he is riding, he tends to drag his toes. I didn't think anything of it at first, but I've made a decision to teach him how to ride a pedal bike. Here's the reason: DA got three new pairs of shoes today with some of his birthday money. Little on the expensive side. That boy goes through shoes faster than we go through groceries. Last summer I bought him four brand new pairs of shoes; three pairs of sneakers and one pair of sandals. He wore through the leather on the inside of his sandals within two days of getting them and started tearing up his toes. The next time we were going outside, I took one look at his feet and said he'd be wearing his sneakers. He wore through the toes of the first pair of sneakers in three days and the next pair of sneakers in two days. The third pair of sneakers had reinforced rubber toe guards. He made it through the rest of the summer in those simply because he stopped riding his bike, but the first two days of real summer weather this year wore them out immediately. For the last three weeks he's been wearing the same shoes with the holes in the toes. I swear I'm not a bad mom and I really do keep my child well-dressed, but DA goes through shoes uber-quick. We'll see how long these ones last.

Here are the sneaker pair #3:



No comments:

Post a Comment