Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Repeat Exchange

This week, DA and I spent some time with Dad in Arizona. It was a blast!

One morning DA came in and asked me for breakfast.

DA: "Mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy..." repeat until I acknowledge.
Mom: "Yes dear."
DA: "I'm hungry. Will you get me breakfast please?"

I said sure. As we headed for the kitchen, DA turned around and said, "I love you mommy!" Made my heart warm then I decided it was time for DA to learn something.

Mom: "I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you..." repeated about a hundred times.
DA then turned around, put his hand on his hip and said, "Mommy, I know!"

I don't know if the lesson was learned or not, but it sure was funny to see him act just like me.

DA also got into lots of trouble this week. Jake lives on the second floor in a condo that has two decks, one on the front and one on the back. DA became obsessed with the decks and by the time we figured out what he was doing out there, there were several items of importance missing. The first thing to go was the remote, then the throw blanket in the living room, a glass cup, some things that belonged to Jake's roommate, several of DA's favorite toys, some hand towels from the kitchen, a tube of caulking, and I don't remember what else. Each and every one of the missing things was thrown off the deck so he could watch them fall. It was like going on a treasure hunt when we went to reclaim them. We didn't take many toys with us, so when DA got bored, he had to use his imagination and natural curiosity to stay busy.

We discovered several things about AZ: Barnes and Noble's play section rocks! The mall has an incredible play place that DA could literally bounce off the walls (which he did) and not get hurt, rain is a beautiful thing, Pita Jungle is delicious, and fire alarms going off in the middle of the night for no reason are not cool.

It was a fun trip and once again I forgot the camera (and my pillow and DA's church clothes). No pictures but lots of fun memories.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you guys get to do these fun things. Link is a doll

    ReplyDelete