Monday, February 1, 2010

My First Family Blog

So, I've had a writing blog for a couple of years now, but I've never really done a family blog. I thought it would be fun and would keep my journal efforts somewhere that won't burn (hopefully). Here's the scoop.

My only child who I will refer to as "DA" (Destroying Angel) is learning to potty train right now and has been doing really great. He has been dry for five days, today is day six, so if he can make it through tomorrow without an accident, he gets soccer big boy underwear. He has been wearing his Cars the movie underwear and doing great. He has finally gotten to the point where he doesn't necessarily tell me every time he has to go potty, he just gets in there and does his business. It's nice to have an independent child at times. The funniest thing to come out of the experience has been the phrase, "Mom! I gotta poop!" Which he yells at the top of his lungs so all the neighbors are aware.

Jake is in school and trying out for the collegiate racquetball team. He thinks he made it, but we'll find out on Wednesday. School this semester has started to get busy. I can't believe Jake will graduate next year. We're still trying to decide which post-grad program to do, but hopefully Jake can get in to talk with a counselor this week and get things worked out.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't do much other than work on my book and hang out with DA. Melissa M. and I have been working out most mornings, which has me excited, because I want to run another half marathon in the spring or early summer. I'm making friends and having a wonderfully funny time being a mom.

1 comment: